Monday, June 3, 2013

Acrylic Landscape Painting

I took many steps to try to create this great painting. It took time, effort, patience, and most of all motivation from my art instructor. First, I planned out my color scheme. Then, I used those colors to paint my sky 3/4 down my paper, I used composition and darks and lights to demonstrate the atmosphere at certain heights of my initial landscape. I then painted my background and the objects on it. Then of course I did my foreground  and painted the objects that lie on it. I finished by adding a light source to demonstrate shadows and lightened areas. For my painting I used a large brush to paint the sky and a small brush on the grass blades and trees. I used value in my painting to help overall enhance the view and perspective of lighting and depth in my landscape painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment